May 20, 2020
Dear West O Fitness Family,
Thanks to all of our members, phase one of reopening has been a success! There have been no waits for machines and no members have been turned away due to illness. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated as we incrementally reopen the gym, and we have more good news.
Phase Two - Reinstating 24-Hour Access
We are excited to announce that we will restore 24-hour access beginning at 8:00 pm on Thursday, May 21. Staffed hours will remain the same as Phase One, but members will have key card access to the gym anytime. The gyms will be open but unstaffed on Memorial Day.
Please make sure you are familiar with the code of conduct below before visiting the gym, including during unstaffed hours.
Please refrain from coming to the gym if you have any signs of illness.
Members with possible exposure to COVID-19, whether showing symptoms or not, should please refrain from visiting the gym for two-weeks after suspected exposure.
Members are required to maintain social distancing between households and clean equipment with disinfectant after each use.
No guests or trial passes.
ABC has finished adjusting all member’s accounts. May invoices will drop either today or tomorrow. There will be no dues charge for the first 12 days of May and March dues that were paid for but not realized will also be credited to the May invoice. June billing will resume as normal. If you paid the full balance for a membership up-front, your membership will automatically be extended by 9 weeks.
We are so appreciative of everyone who has supported us by offering to continue paying dues, purchased a t-shirt, and to all of you who have continued to stick by us through these challenging times. We cannot express how thankful we are to be a part of your lives!
In Good Health,
West O Fitness
May 6, 2020
Dear West O Fitness Family,
First and foremost, we want to thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, for the support, patience and loyalty during this uncertain time. We are excited to announce that we will begin the process of reopening both locations on Wednesday, May 13.
In order to ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we will be operating in compliance with the local COVID-19 Directed Health Measures (DHM). After coordinating closely with local authorities, we are confident that each facility has plenty of space to accommodate up to 10 members per subdivision within the gym, while maintaining the full 6 feet of social distancing.
How Will It Work?
The gym has been divided into separate zones (Cardio, Strength, Studio). Members will be given a color-coded card to the area that they plan to workout. When a member wants to move to a new zone, they must return that card to the front desk, to then be given another card for the next zone. In order to minimize movement back and forth between zones, please plan your workout ahead of time. All designated areas will be on a first come, first serve basis. If a zone is full, you have the option to wait for a card to become available, or simply go to another area that is not full. Staff will be monitoring designated areas to ensure the counts remain within the set guidelines. Although members may move freely within the designated zones, social distancing is still required. All cards must be returned to the front desk upon leaving the gym. This system is in-line with the practices of other local gyms.
Here are some additional details pertaining to Phase One of our reopening plan:
- Club access will be restricted to the staffed hours as listed below, which are slightly different then our normal hours. During Phase Two you can expect to have 24-hour access restored, but for now this ensures compliance with the DHM and also gives staff time to clean during off-hours.
Saturday & Sunday
- Members will be screened upon entry into the clubs by answering three Covid-19 related questions. Both gyms will be equipped with an infrared thermometer for those members who do not know if they have a fever, and persons with temperatures above 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit will not be permitted on the premises.
- Members with possible exposure to COVID-19, whether showing symptoms or not, should please refrain from visiting the gym for two-weeks after suspected exposure.
- Please refrain from coming to the gym if you have any signs of illness.
- Staff will be following the guidelines laid out by the CDC for enhanced cleaning and disinfecting the clubs.
- Members will be required to maintain social distancing at all times and clean equipment with disinfectant after each use.
- Members will be asked to consider limiting workout length during busy times to decrease congestion of the gym.
- Members need to enter through the front doors of the gyms. The back doors at our Harrison location will remain locked.
- No guests or trial passes will be allowed during Phase One. Everyone must be a member of West O Fitness, either currently active or by signing a new agreement.
- Updated group fitness schedules will be posted on the website and facebook page in the coming days. We do not anticipate group fitness classes exceeding studio capacity, but if issues arise we will implement sign-ups.
West O Fitness is proud to have lived up to our promise of waiving monthly membership dues while we were closed. Billing will resume when we open our doors on May 13th and, as promised, dues for time closed in March will be credited to future dues. Details on the prorated credit will be confirmed within a week.
Many of you generously offered to contribute your monthly membership fee to the gym during the time that we were unable to operate. This is above and beyond what we could ever ask of our West O Fitness family and please know that it is not expected. Given the kindness that runs through the West O Fitness Family’s blood, if you are interested donating the two-week credit back to the gym, please email email@example.com to opt-out of the proration. If you do not opt-out, the proration will be automatically applied, no need to contact the gym.
To decrease gym congestion and exposure, please direct questions about charges or billing our billing company, ABC Member Services at 888-827-9262 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to reach us to discuss membership or other questions, you can reach a West O Fitness manager at email@example.com.
Reopening West O Fitness is a process that will not happen overnight but this is a major step forward. Although we cannot offer dates for future Phases of reopening, we will continue to keep you updated as this evolves.
We have missed you, and we are excited to see you back in the gyms!
In Good Health,
West O Fitness